SAPTAGIRI INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES AND RESEARCH CENTRE
SIMS&RC and Sapthagiri Hospital is located about 15km from city railway station on Hesaraghatta Main Road, Bangalore – 560 090
Number of beds, doctors, nurses.
The hospital has 536 teaching beds & 188 non – teaching beds (including the emergency and private wards)
There are about 312 doctors (including faculty members, Sr. and Jr. Residents and 276 nursing staff).
ENQUIRY AND INFORMATION ABOUT COLLEGE AND HOSPITAL
Central Enquiry and Registration is located at the entrance of the Hospital
- Toll Free number: 080- 39275588
- Telephone numbers of Central Enquiry (Sapthagiri Hospital):080-28393392
- Telephone number of SIMS & RC: 080- 22188700
- Causality number: 080-28393392
- Enquiry counters and help desk also exist in the OPD and Emergency
- Website: www.saptagiri.edu.in
CASUALTY AND EMERGENCY SERVICES
- Officers in charge of Casualty: Dr Mahesh (CMO)
- Location: First floor
- Casualty and Emergency services available 24 hours daily throughout the year.
- Anyone with urgent medical problem can have consultation/treatment in the casualty. Depending on the nature of the casualty/emergency which needs medical intervention, the patient will be registered at the casualty registration counter free of charge and medical care will be provided promptly..
- In addition to Casualty Medical Officers, Casualty has dedicated team of duty doctors from major specialties of Medicine, Surgery, Orthopedics, Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology and resident doctors, nursing staff, paramedics and orderlies to provide urgent medical services.
- All endeavors are made to provide better medical care including all possible investigations (available in the hospital) and prompt treatment. However, at times, when there is extreme workload, cases that are not in emergency, may have to wait for some time. The treating doctors will call any specialist/super specialist, who is available on call for urgent consultation as and when required.
- In serious cases treatment/management gets priority over paper work like Registration/Medico legal requirements.
- The casualty is fully equipped with emergency operation theatre for any urgent surgery. The casualty is also fully equipped with modern gadgets like monitors, ventilators, defibrillators, central oxygen supply.
- All emergency investigations like Biochemistry, Blood gas analysis, ECG, USG, X-ray are available round the clock. Facilities for CT scan available in the hospital campus on payment basis.
- Facilities like wheel chair and patient stretcher trolley are available at the entrance of the casualty.
OUTPATIENT DEPARTMENT (OPD) SERVICES
LOCATION: First floor and second floor
General OPD: 8am to 4pm
Specialty clinic:8am to 4pm
- OPD registration book could be obtained by paying nominal registration fee at the counter, located at the entrance for consultation in general and specialty OPDs
- The patient has the right to consult any doctor/consultant.Tuberculosis & Respiratory Medicine
- The patients are seen on the basis of first come first serve purpose, however out of turn consultation maybe provided in case of emergency or to a senior citizen
SUPER SPECIALITY SERVICES
- Plastic Surgery
- During OPD consultations, the walk in patients and referred cases from the tertiary & other hospitals are examined if necessary the consultant will direct/guide the patient to the concerned department/ laboratory.
- Patients should obtain the investigation report on the date/time given for the collection of the same from the concerned lab/department.
- All the investigations are done on payment of a nominal rate.
- Patient should remit the payment and obtain proper receipt from the concerned lab/department.
- Facilities provided at OPD level such as ECG, Pop, injection and immunization, minor surgical intervention, physiotherapy, bronchoscope, endoscopy etc
- The decision to admit a patient rests with the treating consultant
- The patient will be admitted if there is a vacant bed available in the particular specialty. But in case of emergency out of turn admission can be done
- Patients requiring medical certificate should apply for the same to the medical superintendent of the hospital. In turn he will send it to concerned department for issuing the certificate. However the medical treatment/fitness certificate and other such certificates of admitted patients, issued by the consultant will be valid only if it is counter signed by the MS.
- There is a medical shop available on the first floor.
- Central laboratory and blood bank are situated in the first floor.
Laboratory services available 24 hours throughout the year.
All routine and special investigations are done in the hospital, including biochemical, microbiological, pathology and immunology.
- Sample collection centre is on the first floor.
- The patient should obtain the investigation report on the date/ time given for the collection of the same from the concern lab/ department.
- All the investigations are done on payment of a nominal rate.
- Patients should remit the payment & obtain proper receipt from the concerned lab/ department.
- The receipt should be shown at the time of collection of report.
Blood bank: The hospital has a licensed, modern state of the art Blood Bank that functions 24 hours a day and provides facility for blood donation, storage, issue of blood and its components. Precise testing is done to prevent any blood borne infections, miss matching. Blood is issued on exchange basis and patients requiring blood should arrange healthy blood donors for exchange of blood.
- The bed charges are free for the indoor patients for teaching beds.
- Rooms in the private ward are allotted to the patient on recommendation of treating consultant.
- The rates are available at the billing section.
- ICU,NICU,PICU, labour rooms, are equipped with modern gadgets and devices like ventilators, monitors, defibrillators, incubators, etc to provide excellent medical care.
Operation Theatres:- The Hospital has fully equipped modern operation theatres where all kinds of major and minor surgeries are performed using the latest techniques and technology.
Routines surgeries are done as per list maintained by the respective departments
Catering : Canteen facility is also available.
Hospital has generator back up.
RESPONSIBILITES OF USERS
- Visitors are allowed only during visiting hours i.e from 4pm to 6pm.
- The success of the charter depends on the support we receive from our users.
- Try to appreciate the various constraints under which the hospital is functioning.
- A larger number of patients attend the OPD daily number of patients seeking casualty/emergency medical care daily are also more.
- Follow the rules and regulations of the hospital while inside the hospital campus.
- Do not cause inconvenience to other patients by crowding or making noise unnecessarily.
- Help us in keeping the hospital and its surroundings neat and clean.
- Do not argue with security guards, show your passes when asked for and help maintain the order and peace inside the hospital premises.
- Use the facilities of this hospital with care and do not damage/ spoil hospital property.
- Do not indulge in any money transactions with touts and unauthorized persons.
- The hospital is a NO SMOKING ZONE. Please do not smoke in the hospital.
- Refrain from demanding undue favors from hospital staff and officials
- Provide useful feedback and constructive suggestions. These may be addressed to the Medical Superintendent of the Hospital.
- Patients should park their vehicle in the parking area only.
Hesaraghatta Main Road,
Bengaluru – 560 090
Land Mark – Tumkur Highway
8th Mile Junction, Peenya Dasarahalli.
Contact Phone numbers
Toll Free Number 080 39275588
Hospital 080-28393392 Fax : 080-23726358
College 080-22188700 Fax : 080-28393404
Blood Bank 080-28393392
Working hours 24×7
IP visiting hours 3.00pm – 5.00pm